“I will be kind to everybody, particularly to those whom I find troublesome.” (St. Antony Mary Claret)
SAINT OF THE WEEK, 24th October: SAINT ANTONY MARY CLARET (1807-1870)
Latest posts on Coronavirus
THE FUNERAL OF DAVID CASEY, RIP will take place in Australia on 7th November, 2020.
DIY ABORTION: I invite all parishioners to take up the invitation to respond to the Scottish Government’s consultation on this very serious issue via the website of the Scottish SPUC (Society for the Protection of Unborn Children): https://www.spuc.org.uk/Get-Involved/Campaigns/Scottish-DIY-Abortion-Consultation
ONLINE, NO COST FUNDRAISING FOR THE DIOCESE OF GALLOWAY: Please consider raising funds for our Diocese at no cost to yourself by using two online shopping services. Details can be found at this link: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/21/online-no-cost-fund-raising-for-the-diocese-of-galloway/
NOVENA to Our Lady during the Pandemic: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/19/novena-prayer-to-our-lady-during-the-pandemic/
ECUMENICAL PRAYER: For this Sunday, please click on the link for the prayer recited by all Christians in Scotland at 7pm, to pray for the divine assistance during the pandemic: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/10/17/ecumenical-prayer-18-10-20/
PLEASE NOTE ALL MASS ATTENDERS FOR SAINT MARY’S IN LARGS:
- WHEN TO BOOK. Bookings for Mass on Saturday-Sunday will be accepted only at the times stipulated: i.e. beginning on the prior Wednesday. The times for booking are: Wednesday, 6-8pm; Thursday, 6-7pm; and Friday, 6-7pm. Any attempts to book before the Wednesday will not be taken into account. This is to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to make a booking. Leave a message with your name and number if the phone is engaged when you call. This will ensure your place in the queue.
- HOW TO BOOK: Bookings must be made by telephoning this phone number: 07398 109094. Emails and text messages will not be accepted.
- ATTENDANCE: You must attend only the Mass for which you have booked. You cannot swap with someone else unless you have first asked via the telephone number just mentioned. Nor can you decide on your own to go to a different Mass. The reason for this strict policy is to ensure that we have an accurate list of who attends what Mass for the purposes of test and trace.
- WHERE YOU LIVE. Priority will be given to those who are parishioners in the canonical sense of the term, i.e. those whose homes are within the territory of the parish (Largs, Fairlie & Skelmorlie). If any places are left, they will be assigned to non-parishioners on a first come, first served basis.
- FAIR SPREAD: If you are a parishioner and you are too late to receive a place at Mass on a given weekend, your name will be given priority for the subsequent weekend. This priority is not afforded to non-parishioners.
- ENTRANCE to the church will be from 20 minutes before Mass begins. Everyone should be seated by 5 minutes before Mass begins. Please remember that you cannot be admitted to the church if you have not booked a place as described above and if you do not have a face-mask.
- NO ADMISSION will be given to the church after Mass begins: that is 6pm for the Sunday Vigil Mass and 10am for the Sunday Morning Mass.
Keep up to date with all news from the Vatican in English at: https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html
LARGS (live-streamed): Saturday Vigil, 6pm & Sunday 10am; Monday-Saturday: 10am Mass.
MILLPORT (not live-streamed): 12.15pm, Sunday.
- St. Mary’s Parish live-streaming via YouTube. Links are below: