“Look at my hands and feet; yes, it is I indeed” (Luke 24:39)
THIRD SUNDAY OF EASTER
“Their joy was so great that they still could not believe it, and they stood there dumbfounded; so he said to them, ‘Have you anything here to eat?’ And they offered him a piece of grilled fish, which he took and ate before their eyes.’”
PLEASE NOTE: The Requiem Mass for Mr. & Mrs. Daniel & Elizabeth Tierney has been postponed until further notice. Let us continue to pray for their eternal rest and for the comfort and consolation of their family. – Fr. Peter
MRS. SOPHIE WYLIE, RIP: I am sorry to announce the death of Mrs. Wylie, who died recently at Haylie House. Our sincerest condolences go to her son Martin and all the family at this sad time. The funeral will take place on Wednesday 28th April at 10am in St. Mary’s, and thereafter to the Haylie Brae Cemetery. – Fr. Peter
ALEXANDER GREIG, RIP (Millport): Our sincerest condolences go to the family and friends of the late Alex Greig who has died. Special prayers for Anne, Lorraine and Paul, and for all the wider family. The funeral Mass will be celebrated on Friday 23rdApril at 12 Noon in Our Lady of Perpetual Succour’s, Millport, and thence to the local cemetery.
EXHORTATION ON THE HOLY EUCHARIST: by Bishop Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix in Arizona – https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2021/04/08/the-holy-eucharist-a-bishops-exhortation/
PASTORAL LETTER OF THE CATHOLIC BISHOPS OF SCOTLAND FOR THE FORTHCOMING SCOTTISH ELECTIONS: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2021/04/08/pastoral-letter-of-the-catholic-bishops-of-scotland-for-the-forthcoming-scottish-elections/
BOOKING FOR MASS AT SAINT MARY’S:
From Wednesday 14th April, it will be possible to book not only for the subsequent Saturday Vigil and Sunday morning Masses, but also for the subsequent weekday 10am morning Masses of Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning on Tuesday 20th and Thursday 22nd April. The only exception to this will be if a funeral Mass is to take place on a Tuesday or Thursday. Reminder: booking number is 07398 109094; booking times are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 6-8pm only (no calls received outside these times, no messages recorded outside these times will be taken into consideration).
- ATTENDANCE: You must attend only the Mass for which you have booked. You cannot swap with someone else unless you have first asked via the booking telephone number . Nor can you decide on your own to go to a different Mass. The reason for this strict policy is to ensure that we have an accurate list of who attends what Mass for the purposes of test and trace.
- SAFE PRACTICE: You must wear a face mask at all times when in the church building. Hands must be sanitised on entering and on leaving. Social distancing of 2 metres must be observed. Please do not stop to speak to anyone inside the church or cause a close gathering of people. Once outside the church building, safe distance must be observed until you leave the grounds. Except in an emergency, you may only leave your seat at the direction of the stewards. The one-way system must be observed by everyone at the time of Holy Communion, so please do not try and make a quick dash back to your seat.
- WHERE YOU LIVE. Priority will be given to those who are parishioners in the canonical sense of the term, i.e. those whose homes are within the territory of the parish (Largs, Fairlie & Skelmorlie). If any places are left, they will be assigned to non-parishioners on a first come, first served basis.
- FAIR SPREAD:If you are a parishioner and you are too late to receive a place at Mass on a given day, your name will be given priority for cancellations received and/or for another Mass. This priority is not afforded to non-parishioners.
- ENTRANCE to the church will be from 20 minutes before Mass begins. Everyone should be seated by 5 minutes before Mass begins. Please remember that you cannot be admitted to the church if you have not booked a place as described above and if you do not have a face-mask.
- NO ADMISSION will be given to the church after Mass begins.
RESOURCES FOR THE YEAR OF SAINT JOSEPH:
NOVENA to Our Lady during the Pandemic: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/19/novena-prayer-to-our-lady-during-the-pandemic/
OUTLINE OF THURSDAY AGAPE TIME (Thursdays from 6.30-8pm): https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2021/01/16/thursday-agape-time-line/
Keep up to date with all news from the Vatican in English at: https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html
LARGS (live-streamed): Saturday Vigil, 6pm & Sunday 10am; Monday-Saturday: 10am Mass.
MILLPORT (live-streamed): 12.15pm, Sunday.