“The person who meditates and turns his mind to God, who is the mirror of his soul, seeks to know his faults, tries to correct them, moderates his impulses, and puts his conscience in order” (Padre Pio).
SAINT OF THE WEEK, 23rd September: SAINT PIUS OF PIETRELCINA (PADRE PIO)
He was born in the small village of Pietrelcina in southern Italy, and joined the Capuchin friars at the age of 16. He became a priest seven years later, and spent fifty years at the monastery of San Giovanni Rotondo, where he was very much sought after as a spiritual advisor, confessor, and intercessor. Many miracles were popularly ascribed to him during his lifetime. He died a few days after the fiftieth anniversary of his receiving the stigmata, and over 100,000 people attended his funeral. (from Universalis)
Patronage: Pietrelcina (Italy); civil defence volunteers; adolescents; stress relief; January blues.
Latest posts on Coronavirus
ONLINE, NO COST FUNDRAISING FOR THE DIOCESE OF GALLOWAY: Please consider raising funds for our Diocese at no cost to yourself by using two online shopping services. Details can be found at this link: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/21/online-no-cost-fund-raising-for-the-diocese-of-galloway/
NOVENA to prepare for the Solemnity of St. Mary, Star of the Sea, Sunday 27th September: I invite all Parishioners in Largs, Fairlie & Skelmorlie, to say this daily Novena prayer beginning Saturday 19th September and ending on the feast of St. Mary, Star of the Sea, on Sunday 27th September. Let’s pray it for protection from Our Lady during this pandemic, for peace in our homes and in our hearts and for the healing of the sick. Let’s also pray especially for our young people, that Our Lady will keep them faithful to Christ and his Church – Fr. Peter. Here is the link: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/19/novena-st-mary-star-of-the-sea-19-27-september-inclusive/
NOVENA to Our Lady during the Pandemic: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/19/novena-prayer-to-our-lady-during-the-pandemic/
ECUMENICAL PRAYER: For this Sunday, please click on the link for the prayer recited by all Christians in Scotland at 7pm, to pray for the divine assistance during the pandemic: https://www.rclargsandmillport.com/2020/09/19/ecumenical-prayer-sunday-20th-september/
PLEASE NOTE ALL MASS ATTENDERS FOR SAINT MARY’S IN LARGS:
- WHEN TO BOOK. Bookings for Mass on Saturday-Sunday will be accepted only at the times stipulated: i.e. beginning on the prior Wednesday. The times for booking are: Wednesday, 6-8pm; Thursday, 6-7pm; and Friday, 6-7pm. Any attempts to book before the Wednesday will not be taken into account. This is to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to make a booking. Leave a message with your name and number if the phone is engaged when you call. This will ensure your place in the queue.
- HOW TO BOOK: Bookings must be made by telephoning this phone number: 07398 109094. Emails and text messages will not be accepted.
- ATTENDANCE: You must attend only the Mass for which you have booked. You cannot swap with someone else unless you have first asked via the telephone number just mentioned. Nor can you decide on your own to go to a different Mass. The reason for this strict policy is to ensure that we have an accurate list of who attends what Mass for the purposes of test and trace.
- WHERE YOU LIVE. Priority will be given to those who are parishioners in the canonical sense of the term, i.e. those whose homes are within the territory of the parish (Largs, Fairlie & Skelmorlie). If any places are left, they will be assigned to non-parishioners on a first come, first served basis.
- FAIR SPREAD: If you are a parishioner and you are too late to receive a place at Mass on a given weekend, your name will be given priority for the subsequent weekend. This priority is not afforded to non-parishioners.
- ENTRANCE to the church will be from 20 minutes before Mass begins. Everyone should be seated by 5 minutes before Mass begins. Please remember that you cannot be admitted to the church if you have not booked a place as described above and if you do not have a face-mask.
- NO ADMISSION will be given to the church after Mass begins: that is 6pm for the Sunday Vigil Mass and 10am for the Sunday Morning Mass.
Keep up to date with all news from the Vatican in English at: https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html
LARGS (live-streamed): Saturday Vigil, 6pm & Sunday 10am; Monday-Saturday: 10am Mass.
MILLPORT (not live-streamed): 12.15pm, Sunday.
- St. Mary’s Parish live-streaming via YouTube. Links are below: